Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 issues

• rsharpe75
  • Topic Author
More
26 May 2013 15:43 #76327 by rsharpe75
Vigor 120 issues was created by rsharpe75
Hi All,

I'm having a rather annoying issue with a draytek vigor 120 plugged into an ASUS RT-N66U. The connection continuously drops and what leads me to believe it is the Vigor 120 is that, if I plug in a TPL modem into ASUS router, it works fine. Also if I totally remove the ASUS and Draytek from the equation and just use a stock Plusnet adsl modem, everything works fine.

I've tried connecting to the vigor 120 directly from my PC (via ethernet) to see what firmware it is running etc. but I just can't access it.

Would appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2013 18:47 #76329 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 120 issues
The vigor 120 is very old and not sure if is supported any longer because latest firmware is 3.2.4.4 about 3 years ago

About the disconnections ... it should automatically detect the connection but maybe it has a parameter wrong

To access it and check firmware and current settings type 192.168.2.1 (direct to pc with ethernet cable because at PPPoE may not let you see it's menu's ... if is still not give you access then at pc set at obtain ip automatic ... reboot pc if need and try again

More informations if will help you here
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor100_setup.html

• rsharpe75
  • Topic Author
More
27 May 2013 09:58 #76332 by rsharpe75
Replied by rsharpe75 on topic Re: Vigor 120 issues
Hi babis3g,

Thanks for your input. I only bought this device last year and it didn't work then and I didn't have the time to chase a solution as was busy with work etc, so I just used the standard ISP adsl router.

Are you saying that draytek don't support this modem any longer?

More
27 May 2013 11:17 #76334 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 120 issues
Same as me LOL ... got mine special offer (the 120V2) checked if had latest firmware, set my isp parameters to make it work and left it on the side (but for my collection 8) )

If you send email to support of course they will help you sort out your problem (is still their product and still may have 2 years warranty that usually DrayTek is supplying with almost all their products ) ...
But there is not any firmware or news or improvements since about 3 years ago so it does not look like they will bring anything new (options,settings,ipv6, etc) for this model ... Also if i am not wrong this model is been discontinued from the market? As far i know only the V2 some shops still selling it but and this model has 2 years without any firmware updates

So when i mean support i don't mean for help but for newest options,settings,firmwares

Moderators: Sami