DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Can't change lan1 to VLAN1

More
26 May 2013 16:25 #76328 by jamessp1
Can't change lan1 to VLAN1 was created by jamessp1
Hi everyone, I'm new to Draytek, and thought I would be able to configure a new 2960 in minutes... hmmmm.

I need to put lan1 into VLAN1 untagged. If I do this though the GUI, I loose connectivity to lan1.

I have created a new VLAN1 in LAN Switch VLAN, and set the lan1 interface to use it instead of LAN10. However when I apply lan1 port ceases to work (no ping, no connectivity) and I have to physically connect via lan2 to be able to access the router. (lan2 is still in VLAN10.)

What gives? I just don't understand what the problem is, or what workflow I should be following. I need lan1 in VLAN1, but it won't work... Any help gratefully received.

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2013 15:33 #76341 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Can't change lan1 to VLAN1
have you given it the correct PVID that corresponds to the VLAN on the switch?

More
29 May 2013 15:52 #76342 by jamessp1
Replied by jamessp1 on topic Re: Can't change lan1 to VLAN1
HI, Thanks for the suggestion.

Something went horribly wrong and I had to do a full factory reset and then took the opportunity to upgrade to 1.0.6.1. (Lost all settings of course!)

It seems OK now and I was able to change VLAN IDs.

Not feeling very happy with the 2960 so far. The documentation is often wrong and there are no Telnet commands list anywhere. What should be simple actions are taking too long to find the GUI / telnet command. I'm beginning to wonder if this model is too new on the market, and not properly polished?

More
30 May 2013 11:23 #76350 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Can't change lan1 to VLAN1
I don't think you are the only one with that view.

Moderators: Sami