Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Schedule a WAN connection to be "OFF" at specific times

• fritserasmus
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
30 May 2013 22:38 #76356 by fritserasmus
I am using a Vigor2830Vn Dual Band (Firmware Version : 3.6.3_db_232201) and would like to schedule my WAN2 line to go "OFF" / DROP between say 10PM and 05AM.
WAN1 is not in use. I am using a 3G in WAN3 as backup connection for WAN2. I have a free 3G bandwydth between these hours and have scheduled downloads between these hours, but I need to "turn off" WAN2 during these hours so WAN3 can kick in as backup.

Under the details page of Internet Access there is a "Index in Schedule Setup"
Can I schedule a "FORCE DOWN" here for 10PM and a FORCE UP" for 05AM? Will that force LAN2 to go "DOWN" between 10PM and 05AM?

Anyone that has tried this or someone that knows how to achieve what I need to?

Thanking in advance for your inputs

Kind Regards

Frits

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2013 00:54 #76358 by babis3g
Hi ... of course come back to your thread if anyone has tried this feature(me Not yet) but why don't you give a go?

From the user manual V2.0 ...if helps you ... you have to do additional work at Applications>>Schedule (set values there first) ... before you set the schedule at Internet Access with seems is allowing to add only one digit and not time

Index (1-15) in Schedule Setup - You can type in four sets of time schedule for your request. All the schedules can be set previously in Applications >> Schedule web page and you can use the number that you have set in that web page.

• fritserasmus
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
31 May 2013 08:43 #76363 by fritserasmus
Babis3,

That is what I wanted to use and I have tried to schedule a reboot before, but I was not successful, hence the reason I posted this question to see if I understand the "Scheduling" part correct.

I will give it a go next week and report back.
:wink:

• fritserasmus
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
31 May 2013 10:16 #76365 by fritserasmus
For anyone that wanted to know:

I tried to force down the different WANs and it works a charm.

So I was able to use a specific wan connection between certain hours and another for other times.

I am still unable to use the -> schedule to "reboot" the router at specific times. - I will create a new thread on this issue

So please close this post.

Moderators: Sami