DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New 2850N vs old 2800G

• davetherave
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2013 20:28 #76399 by davetherave
Replied by davetherave on topic Re: New 2850N vs old 2800G
I have set it up, so hopefully its running but the graph is currently empty.
Will let you know the results.
Soon ( in 10 days) I am moving away from TalkTalk to BT Inifinity Domestic service.

Regards
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2013 20:37 #76401 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: New 2850N vs old 2800G
Thanks for that ... there is about 5 min delay with the monitor but is helpful ... thanks and all best with your new provider :)

• davetherave
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2013 20:01 #76410 by davetherave
Replied by davetherave on topic Re: New 2850N vs old 2800G
babis3g,

Here it is:

FYI there are quite a lot of thinks hanging on the connection that are never fully switched off; Ipad, android Smart phones, YouView box.
I hope its useful.

My switch to BT Infinity is sooner than I though, it is this Friday (7/06/2013)

More
04 Jun 2013 00:58 #76413 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: New 2850N vs old 2800G
♥ THANK YOU VERY MUCH ♥ for this favour :wink:

I thought was something wrong with mine but now i feel OK ... similar to mine with very small spikes ... All Good

You must have pings (at pingtest.net or speedtest.net) around 25 ms according to the green line and are not recorded any red lines (packet loss) which is good 8) ... is a nice clean adsl line :wink:

If you don't find for yourself the TBB monitor that helpful, you can TICK again "disable ping from internet" for security reasons ... there are hackers searching for IP addresses & via this feature enable it allow them to find your/our ip (with any brand made name router if is enable may cost security issue)
But don't worry ... if this happens at very rear case ... will happen for guys like me that have it enable for very long periods and not just for a day
As i said the draytek has its own build in to watch and bandwidth & use

I am very sure you will love infinity ... is way faster than adsl connection ... enjoy it 8)

Draytek has make a more stable firmware (3.6.4) for FTTC ... so you can load it before your FTTC take place
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=15&Itemid=583&lang=en
Leave the BT modem 3-4 days to find a stable connection (just in case the 2850 is been "funny") and then can try with 2850 model
Leave your Feedback link below (and here of course)
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18423

Again Thanks for your time testing a needing for me
Best wishes Babis

Moderators: Sami