2850N not opening ports up

• sdamaged99
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jun 2013 00:40 #76444 by sdamaged99
2850N not opening ports up was created by sdamaged99
Hi,
2850N using firmware 3.6.4_2471201

I have used NAT and opened port 31628 and redirected to my local PC for RDP. I have forwarded the relevant port on the Windows Advanced Firewall, and also changed the listening port in the registry I cannot connect to the machine on that port at all, and from doing on open port check online, it says the port is closed.

It does the same on the rule i created for Wake on Lan UDP 7. The port will just not open up.
I have created rules for RDP 31626 and 31627 on two other machines and it works externally, but nothing i can do will get the Windows 8 machine to work on port 31628. I can however, get it working on 3389.
Very odd indeed, have i overlooked something?

I've just came from a fairly crummy Thomson VDSL router and the ports worked fine on that!!

I have also changed all the default ports in the Management Port Setup too.

I'm new to these routers so would appreciate some help!
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2013 07:05 #76487 by ljephson
Replied by ljephson on topic Re: 2850N not opening ports up
Hi, I have had the same issues. I have just upgraded from 3.6.3 which worked fine, but following the upgrade all the port forwarding rules failed. I have had to revert back to 3.6.3 which works fine in this regard.

More
12 Jun 2013 14:13 #76529 by adw_uk

More
13 Jun 2013 22:22 #76565 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2850N not opening ports up
That issue is for TCP 443 though, which is because they added SSL VPN which is listening on that port.

The OP has an issue with wake on lan being passed through (or at least it should be with UDP port 7), The later firmwares implemented some weird thing with WoL passthrough which implements alias IPs somehow, if you just want WoL traffic to pass through the router, put this command in via telnet (case sensitive):

wol fromWan any

I dunno why your high port range RDP port forwards won't work though

Moderators: Sami