DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2960 problems rebooting with current config

More
09 Jun 2013 23:21 #76461 by jamessp1
Has anyone else experienced problems rebooting a 2960 with current configuration settings.

Mine won't reboot back to a running state. It either drops all the configuration and reboots to a null mode, where it does not even have factory settings (so no IP address to attach to!!), or it fails to restart properly and all the lights (other than the "activity" light) signal different forms of distress.

Right now, if I want to reboot, I'm having to do the following:

0. Take some Valium.
1. Save config locally
2. Re-cable a local windows machine, with no windows firewall to connect directly to the LAN1 interface, which has the Draytek "Tools" installed, running on a 192.168.1.0/24 network (which we don't have anywhere else)
3. Remove other cables from the 2960
4. Reboot to factory with a pin in front reset hole whilst switching on, to get to the TFTP mode
5. Try factory reset several times before the TFTP server is recognised
6. Load a copy of the 1.0.6.1 firmware.
7. Wait for reboot (up to 20 minutes) yawn.
8. Connect to default IP address in LAN1 on the 192.168.1.1/24 network, open web interface to 2960 management console.
9. Load old, saved configuration.
10. Reboot (up to 10 mins)
11. Put everything back the way it was before.
12. Voila! 1 hour later, and considerable swearing at inanimate objects, I have a working system again.

Anyone else got anything to share about the 2960 and 1.0.6.1?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2013 19:27 #76539 by the pit
Do yourself a favour return as not fit for the purpose.
Haven't had your problems but plenty of others. The 2960 is one huge bug fest.

More
20 Jun 2013 17:11 #76732 by jamessp1
I have installed firmware version 1.0.6.2 and this has fixed the reboot failed problem. If you have similiar issues on a 2960 ask support for the new firmware. At the time of writing it is just a RC, but it seems very stable.

Moderators: Sami