Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n 2 clients good, 3 bad

• rafiki
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jun 2013 22:53 #76483 by rafiki
2830n 2 clients good, 3 bad was created by rafiki
Hi guys, hope you can help.
Had my 2830n a while. Changed config recently in that it is now vanilla and using just 1 WAN connection, WAN2 with a BT VDSL modem. Problem is this and I missed the chance to do any proper diags: from the LAN 2 people join a public cod4 server, no problemo, a 3rd joins same server and boom, we all get connection interrupted. I switch back to cruddy BT home hub and it goes away. I can't think why the 2830 would crap out with 3 clients and not 2. I changes it around o that the 3rd joiner was different and got same problem. Different router: no problem.

Any ideas? NAT table had a few entries but we're talking 30 or so, well below any limit I reckon.
Hope you can help otherwise it's going on ebay :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2013 01:18 #76485 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830n 2 clients good, 3 bad
Hi ... is this what you trying to do?
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1806:faq-article-1806&Itemid=293&lang=en
are you wired or wireless?
If you have latest firmware 3.6.4 is been reported it may be bug with dns or similar issue so if this is the case roll back firmware and try again
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18436

• rafiki
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jun 2013 07:46 #76488 by rafiki
Replied by rafiki on topic Re: 2830n 2 clients good, 3 bad
Thanks for the reply. Much simpler, it's just 1 flat network, 192.168.1.0/24 LAN1 into switch WAN2 into VDSL modem. No VLAN config and otherwise working fine. It's about as vanilla as it can get.
I'll check firmware rev & known issues.
Cheers.

Moderators: Sami