DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2960 - Some public URIs redirected to draytek internal HTTP

More
11 Jun 2013 13:26 #76501 by jamessp1
When I click on a Microsoft web link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
I get a draytek page servered from the internals of my router. The page displays

Intruction
There are no available help tops about this sections. If you have any questions, please visit our support site or contact us.

There are hyperlinks on the page pointg to www.draytek.com/user/introSupport.php and mailto:support@draytek.com?subject=Question%20about%20V3900

:shock: If you missed it, the mailto link has a pre-populated question for a V3900!!!! Yes I bought a 2960 and there is an internal page referencing a 3900. :shock:

So I can't access some sites, and my Draytek is having an identity problem.

I'm not using any content filtering or web categories, or any other setting that could do this.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2013 14:13 #76504 by orderwise
I'm using a 2960 and can get on that page fine.

Does it do it on all computers in your network?

More
11 Jun 2013 15:00 #76506 by sponge
We've had similar issues with redirected URLs. No clue either as to why because there's no pattern (whether it HTTP or HTTPS) and the URLs are all available from any other client.

FYI: We're returning our Vigor 2960 today. Apart from the above we've had nothing but problems with it (SSL VPNs limited, RDP and VNC screen resolution problems, router date cannot be changed via web console, Java errors and exceptions for browser VPN, binding to AD doesn't seem to work, etc.. etc...

Draytek should recall this product until it's fit for purpose.

More
11 Jun 2013 15:50 #76510 by jamessp1
The redirect happens with Windows and Linux and on combinations of Firefox, IE and Chrome. Doesn't happen consistently on evey link, but often enough acriss a wide range of completely normal URI's.

It is definitely not a client issue. Does not ever happen with:

1) Mind-blowingly cheap and horrible BT Home Hub
2) Zeroshell and Juniper.

Its the Draytek 2960.

More
19 Jun 2013 16:37 #76712 by jamessp1
This seems to have been fixed with firmware 1.0.6.2. (Provided by UK support). I've seen none of these issues since upgrading, so I think that this should be considered a fix.

If anyone else gets this problem, try asking support if 1.0.6.2 will help.

Moderators: Sami