DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Static Route option missing from menu

• alex123
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jun 2013 23:06 #76518 by alex123
Static Route option missing from menu was created by alex123
I have a Vigor 2700G AnnexA router. It's working fine, but I understand that there should be a "static route" option under the Lan menu. I don't have this option. I've the latest firmware 2.8.2 on the router. I actually had 2.8.3 on the router when I bought it, but could only find 2.8.2 on the UK site; neither version had the option, however.

I'm trying to find a manual, but there doesn't seem to be one on the UK site. I've found this:

ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2700/Instrukcje/V2700_UserGuide_v2.5.pdf

which refers to the missing option on page 37:

"Go to LAN to open setting page and choose Static Route."

What can I do to enable this option?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2013 02:53 #76519 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Static Route option missing from menu
Hi ...
First the user guide is not loading for me to see what is asking
Second i don't have this model
Third the reason i am posting is to say at the same Polish ftp web you got the user guide, you can get the firmware 2.8.3
ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2700/Firmware/2.8.3/
Get the Annex_A and read the release notes stating your model (at the same link i have post)

Release Note for Vigor2700 Series
Firmware Version: 2.8.3
Built Date: July 06, 2009
Applied Models:
Vigor2700, Vigor2700G, Vigor2700V(2S/2S1L), Vigor2700VG(2S/2S1L)

The firmware code is got a capital _E.zip ... it means the firmware is in English

Static route highlighted with red

If you can not see it it may due to mismatching wrong firmware (example from the 2700Ge) or you have not used the RST file when changing firmwares (*rst* will load firmware and then will clean all previous settings from bugs)

UK download page sometime never adding latest firmwares ( i don't know the reason)

Try the 2.8.3 with *rst" file and post back ... thanks

EDIT

I got a manual for you
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/229437/Draytek-Vigor-2700.html#manual

• alex123
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jun 2013 00:22 #76567 by alex123
Replied by alex123 on topic Re: Static Route option missing from menu
Thanks, I got that firmware, flashed the .rst file but it's made no difference. I'm still just seeing General Setup and Bind IP to MAC under the LAN option.

Also, looking at the manual you kindly provided a link to, I can see on p34 a table showing what should be available on the Lan -> General Setup table, and there's stuff missing from there too (my router displays nothing on the left column underneath `subnet mask, and it doesn't say `1st subnet mask` - just `subnet mask`). I did a factory reset after flashing the .rst file to make sure, but it made no difference.

I did some googling and found this:

http://ww.telent.net/2010/5/

It's a fix for the missing values on General Setup page. Doesn't refer to the missing `static route` link under Lan, but perhaps the solution is similar. I'll have to get stuck into the router's webpage source tomorrow.

More
14 Jun 2013 03:00 #76568 by babis3g
at page 34 of the user guide i have supplied is only mention how to set up MPoA no mention for static route or Lan
Are you trying to set parameters for your isp?
If you need to set static ip address then click specify IP address and set the one from your isp

I also having an old telnet guide but not mention anything about static route ... i guess must be access via other method but don't know the way with telnet

The only i can think for the menus not appearing 4 options:

1-
try with another browser to see if will appear but i don't think it will

2-
Below i am giving another link with more older firmwares to try few if will appear

3-
Again i am not sure if will work but is worth it to try... ( i back up below the reason why i am thinking to give a try)

Use ONLY internet explorer
With older models and firmwares only IE was able to upgrade correct the firmware at drayteks

Reflash again with rst* & the following way using IE (clean first all history,cache etc at the IE browser)
go here ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2700/Firmware/
and get the first 2.6.2 firmware ...load it using rst* file ... after master reset
See if is there the feature you need (using IE)

get the latest 2.8.3 (download from before so don't use the file from the Polish ftp - it should be the same but just avoiding bug with your pc ) and use rst* file and load again (remember with IE)

I have done same with a draytek 2830n single band that got it from ebay ...it seems the previous user loaded from mistake the dual band firmware and at the menus will not appear the wireless Lan so No wifi ... lol
Was trying many hours a firmware backwards & the latest forwards with no success ... once i put back first firmware for my model and back the latest ...bingo all fine again

4-
contact the support ... even if is out of warranty they should help ... they are good

More
14 Jun 2013 10:06 #76574 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Static Route option missing from menu
OK, you guys are kind of wasting your time checking whether different firmware will bring back those options. The manual you're reading is for the international version of the 2700G, the UK model has a different featureset so check that manual instead.
Basically, the 2700 and 2710 don't support static routes in the web interface, this is controlled at a hardware level sort of and changing firmware won't bring back the static routes.

haha, that website you've found is certainly interesting though ;)

More
14 Jun 2013 11:07 #76578 by babis3g
Problem is: there is not user guide at UK download pages so really have to look elsewhere

Unless is due to a hardware issue so no any model (international or UK) having it .. Have you got any international firmware for this model? because even from Polish ftp is not working for the user

Sorry but just getting curious how for a region a feature is there and for any other region is not

Moderators: Sami