DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850 no file shares

• sgtbilko
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jun 2013 11:10 #76746 by sgtbilko
2850 no file shares was created by sgtbilko
I have a 2850 linked to a Netgear GS724 smart switch. The smart switch has two AP (Mac Airports), 2 x of NAS, a server, smart TV's, CCTV and 4 macs hardwired to the LAN.

If a client connects to the LAN via the switch or WiFi via the airports the set up works seamlessly

If the connection is via the 2850 (e.g. plug an NAS into the Lan port) or 2850 WiFi then
1. Clients get an IP address from the DHCP server (2850)
2. can access the internet
3. can ping any device on the whole network
2. Logon using network credentials from a Server connected to the switch
BUT
They cannot see or access any shared folders (AFP or Samba) on clients, NAS or Servers conencted to the switch

The same (in reverse) occurs if I connect an NAS direct to the 2850. Clients on the main LAN cannot see or access any shares on the NAS (AFP or Samba)

I have tried switching the firewall off the 2850 but this has no effect.

Its got me puzzled !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sgtbilko
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jun 2013 12:09 #76772 by sgtbilko
Replied by sgtbilko on topic Re: 2850 no file shares
No clues ??

• sgtbilko
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jun 2013 16:46 #76807 by sgtbilko
Replied by sgtbilko on topic Re: 2850 no file shares SOLVED
I am very sorry to bump this up again. I know I risk as serious flaming / trolling and I appologise in advance if this is annoying you.

I would be very grateful if anyone reading this post has any clues, they could post. I am pretty good normally at working things out for myself I just need a lead.

Even some help with any tools which may help track / trace the problem would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading this post.

I am a bit disappointed that not one person could be bothered to make a suggestion.

Lucky break this morning. One of my internet connections went down. In solving that I tripped across a solution. I specified DNS Server IP address in LAN General setup. Primary being !92.xxx.xxx.xxx (my internal LAN DNS server) and secondary being 8.8.8.8 (Google). I ticked "force router to use "DNS...." specified in LAN1). I then ensured each client got IP and DNS from DHCP. Renewed the DHCP licence for each client and voila .... sorted

Moderators: Sami