DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2760 sonos and Apple Devices

More
04 Jul 2013 19:27 #76878 by netwings
2760 sonos and Apple Devices was created by netwings
Hi Guys

Have a very strange problem,

I work for a company who do custom AV installations. We just started to install draytek ap800's and 2760 routers. Were having issues when it comes down to using sonos. Using the sonos app on a n Apple device we can control the sonos devices via wlan. Apple devices i.e iphone, ipad just doesn't seem to able to locate the sonos devices on the lan network. What makes it very strange is that it's counterparts the android devices does n''t seem to have any issues at all and can see and connect to the sonos device.

We are pretty much clueless as to what the real issue is here. After talks with sonos, they have confirmed that if an android device can see the sonos device so should the apple. Sonos use upnp when using a mobile device to control there products.

Sonos have mentioned maybe the draytek 2760 has problems with its route table but I am unsure if that is really the issue here.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2013 02:11 #76881 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2760 sonos and Apple Devices
Sorry can not help with your issue because i am not using these features but posting from the point of firmware update if helps you and you have time to use the *rst* file
At UK downloads there is a beta 1.1.1 ... hope will solve your issue
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads.html
Was fixed the Telnet build in CLI but not sure what the other issues ... note the wifi icon/led will not work after load this beta but actual wifi transmit is working good ... is a bug
If your issue is not fixed ... i would say to contact the support because is new modem and maybe still fixing few small issues ... so your feedback may help the technitians

More
16 Jul 2013 17:31 #76992 by veinhead
Replied by veinhead on topic Re: 2760 sonos and Apple Devices
Are you sure they are both connected to the same access point, I have the same problem with my draytek 2820 and an ap800. When connected to the routers wireless I can see all components, when connected to the access point I don't see anything.

I think there is some separation between the access point and the LAN going on somewhere...

regards

Paul

Moderators: Sami