DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Can't reset or reflash 2701vn?

• eddscott
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jul 2013 11:29 #77017 by eddscott
Can't reset or reflash 2701vn? was created by eddscott
I was in the process of setting up a link between work router and home I changed the IP address from 1.1 to 2.1 - nothing more sinister than that.

Rebooted and couldn't access the router. I thought perhaps I'd made a mistake so decided to just reset the router. Pushed the little button in and I still can't access the router. Tried it a number of times and nothing.

I decided to try using the firmware upgrade tool. Followed some instructions I found online - change PC IP to 1.10 hold reset button down on switch on. Entered the default IP, chose the .rst file and sent it to the router. It looked as though it was going as the green bars counted up. When it went to detection it got to the end and said router timed out.

Bit surprised this has happened as all our offices have 2710s and this is the first time I've ever had this problem. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2013 16:48 #77073 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Can't reset or reflash 2701vn?
the 2700 model passwords are admin blank
the 2710 is admin admin
You can try user user

about the firmware utility tool close and the firewall at pc you are trying, connect it via wire ethernet cable and also type in the IP address of the model and not the ip of the device

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami