DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Is my 2710 dropping its connection?

• eddscott
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jul 2013 12:59 #77119 by eddscott
Is my 2710 dropping its connection? was created by eddscott
I had a problem with my 2710 last Friday which resulted me having to reflash the firmware to get it back up and running. Since the firmware reflash the SNR has gone up from about 6/7 to 12/13. It went to 44 last night with a 240K download speed. Router is only thing on the line at the moment.

However, SNR aside I'm looking at the ADSL information and the ATM Statistics.

ATM Statistics....TX Cells.....RX Cells......TX CRC errs......RX CRC errs
...................... 161121.....27922..............0.................10

This is the ADSL status

ADSL Status Mode...........State...........Up Speed.......Down Speed...........SNR Margin.............Loop Att.
ADSL2+(G.992.5).....SHOWTIME...............1072216..........10691563.................13....................36

I can log into the router from work and I'm sure the ATM statistics have reset a couple of times since the router was last rebooted. Would that indicate the line is being dropped by the router? The receive errors seem quite high - is that right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2013 13:09 #77120 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Is my 2710 dropping its connection?
i would say to check the adsl filters example try an other (it may be a case if are many years up and running, their life got sorter) ... and also when reflash firmware should use the *rst* file and do all settings back from the begin manually, just in case for not mismatching the different firmwares
Latest (& few users was reporting was stable firmware) is 3.6.3.2 ... note if you have the e or the ne model .... different firmware apply, so make sure you got the correct one
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2710/Firmware/

• eddscott
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jul 2013 14:48 #77121 by eddscott
Replied by eddscott on topic Re: Is my 2710 dropping its connection?
Will try another filter although the one on there is new.

Has the latest firmware and was flashed with the .rst file.

Just took this from the online stats page. Router hasn't been restarted since my first post.

ATM Statistics.....TX Cells.....RX Cells.......TX CRC errs.......RX CRC errs

How come the numbers are lower than this morning - does that mean the router has dropped and reconnected?

More
29 Jul 2013 19:47 #77125 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Is my 2710 dropping its connection?
i need to see the SNR margin to understand if is falling ... you need to watch this area with the SNR margin IF falling below 5 may be a case the adsl line to have noise, if you getting disconnections maybe caused by the low SNR

An other case which can be more valid (as i see the SNR at this level is very OK) to have packet loss so keep watching & the errors after one day
When the errors reach 100.000 it will restart counting from 0 even if it did not disconnected ... so watch if are going over few thousands for just few hours (could mean packet loss)

To understand if you getting disconnections, at the same section (where you are posting the stats, at physical connection>>online status) top right has a meter (with red letters) saying the time & date is on (system uptime) ... then at right again but below at wan 1 status will say UP TIME (green letters) ... if it did disconnected then the system up time at wan 1 will be different than system uptime

How ever you try an other modem code, if is more stable (same firmware just use the *all* file) recommended one is the STD, 2471201,252901
Note the link below is for annex A line, in use for UK
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2710/Firmware/v3.6.3.2/annexA/

• eddscott
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jul 2013 20:38 #77127 by eddscott
The receive errors get as high as in the 20s

The system up time and WAN uptime are different the WAN uptime isn't as long. Think it must be disconnecting for some reason.

Have a netgear router so going to run that for 24 hours see what happens.

......................Downstream.......Upstream
Connection Speed 572 kbps......... 1059 kbps
Line Attenuation 37.5 db............. 21.4 db
Noise Margin .....29.9 db ..............5.9 db

Thanks for the firmware suggestions. I'll give them a try if the netgear router behaves itself. Many thanks

• eddscott
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2013 17:06 #77226 by eddscott
Since asking my ISP to reset my line I've had a steady 10meg line for a week. I don't know what has happened but it seems the software update has broken the 2710vn.

Slightly miffed as I've already had a 120 throw a wobbly and become next to useless. Somewhat puts me off buying any more.

Moderators: Sami