DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860

More
01 Aug 2013 12:43 #77163 by lorian
Vigor 2860 was created by lorian
Well having not been able to get my 2750 stable on my line at all (looong BT Infinity) I decided I would go ahead an buy an 2860. My rational was that if the 2860's modem was not stable/fast I would configure it to dial a PPPoE connection to one of my hacked HG612's which are stable.

Anyway, 2860 arrived, straight away sync speed down 4Mb/s on the HG612, pretty much like the 2750. Maybe one day they will sort this in the modem firmware, but my sanity remains as a PPPoE connection via WAN2 to the HG612 seems to be ok. I still have an odd issue where the Vigor says the remote peer is not responding to the PPP requests for a while after rebooting, but it gets there eventually. It's acceptable given the connection on the HG612 is stable.

More from me in due course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2013 14:36 #77168 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic Re: Vigor 2860
If you are using IE to configure the 2860 make sure to upgrade to the lates RC4 firmware first. otherwise the menus don't work properly (you can use the text map via an icon at the top of the screen)

More
05 Aug 2013 14:40 #77223 by lorian
Latest (RC6) Firmware hasn't helped the VDSL sync speed.
I wonder if draytek will make an Annex B version of harware/firmware for us poor people with long lines.

Also, There had been speculation that the 2860 was going to be Linux based, but unless I'm going daft It appears to be running DrayOS.

More
09 Aug 2013 16:45 #77335 by markvoip
Replied by markvoip on topic Re: Vigor 2860
Lorian, when you say down by 4 Mb/s, down from what?

I'm keen to replace 3 boxes (BTOR modem, PlusNet router and Gigabit switch), with 1. Currently syncing at around 55 Mb/s so I could almost afford to throw away 4.

Are you talking 40Mb service or 80 Mb service?

TIA, Mark

More
09 Aug 2013 17:47 #77338 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2860

Lorian wrote: Latest (RC6) Firmware hasn't helped the VDSL sync speed.
I wonder if draytek will make an Annex B version of harware/firmware for us poor people with long lines.

Also, There had been speculation that the 2860 was going to be Linux based, but unless I'm going daft It appears to be running DrayOS.

huh? Annex B shouldn't help anything, that's DSL over ISDN isn't it?

Try the WAN - General Setup - WAN1 page, you can select a few different modem codes there, I know I have to pick one of the lower ones than standard so it works with my ADSL line

More
09 Aug 2013 19:51 #77339 by lorian

Voodle wrote:
huh? Annex B shouldn't help anything, that's DSL over ISDN isn't it?

No I'm talking about VDSL2 Annex B (Bandplan 998ADE17) you are thinking of ADSL2 Annex B. The BT SIN states Annex B, and this dictates what bins are used.

Voodle wrote:
Try the WAN - General Setup - WAN1 page, you can select a few different modem codes there, I know I have to pick one of the lower ones than standard so it works with my ADSL line

Already been through them all 3 times on 3 different newer firmware. Annex B is what the BT SIN says, these are all Annex A. My theory is this is why I'm seeing reduced speeds, but as Draytek have forgotten to get the 'adsl showbins' command working in the CLI its not easy to get anything out of it. Typical Draytek buggy release, and I don't say that lightly, I've been through the loop as an early adopter on 3 previous models. Sure it will be good in about a year :shock:

Moderators: Sami