DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2820 Novice Queries

More
01 Aug 2013 13:30 #77167 by pcts
Vigor2820 Novice Queries was created by pcts
Hi there

I am new to Draytek firewalls and we are an IT support provider looking to take on a customer that has a Vigor2820. As a novice I have a few general queries I was hoping someone could help me out with?

1. I tried to access the web front end of the Draytek firewall from a pc on the local area network however I get page not found. Could it be that someone locked down access over the lan to the device and if so, would a direct connection from a laptop to the draytek firewall lan port bypass this issue?

2. The client has two broadband connections (1 primary and 1 secondary) - they wish to have automatic failover from one to the other. I was wondering if its possible on the 2820 to failover to a broadband connection plugged into its lan port or just the DSL and WAN ports?

3. If I need to upgrade the firmware will this delete the configuration?

Any information you have is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2013 18:54 #77178 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor2820 Novice Queries
1-
As a business class there is option to block or prevent access to other users ... i can not think right now if this could cause the page not loading ... with my laptop using W 8 sometimes it happens but a refresh sloves the problem ... the default IP of the router to try is 192.168.1.1 ... but there is a case the draytek user have change the IP so in this case it will show blank if you keep trying with the old one
2-
Have not get the question but with fail over the wan can be set up for the failover pass the connection to all lans automatic unless a different set up was made
3-
There are 2 files for update ... the *rst* will delete all previous settings ... & the *all* will keep previous settings but with a major update is recommended the use of *rst* file

More
05 Aug 2013 16:07 #77225 by cifer
Replied by cifer on topic Re: Vigor2820 Novice Queries
It sounds very much like someone has changed the management port of the router, try http://<ip>:8080 or :8000 are the 2 normal ones i find drayteks end up on

What 2 connections does the client have? adsl/fibre/cable

Moderators: Sami