Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Sticky Sessions WAN Load Balancing

• stroppyjoe
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2013 13:31 #77219 by stroppyjoe
Sticky Sessions WAN Load Balancing was created by stroppyjoe
Hello World,

I'm currently in the middle of setting up a Draytek 3200 to load balance 2 WAN connections. The internal Users will only be using RDP to access a Terminal Server up in the cloud. I've had a look around and gone through the 3200 Manual but cannot confirm whether a 3200 uses sticky sessions for each outbound connection (for obvious reasons I don't want an individual RDP session load balancing between the 2 WAN ports). I can only find a post back in 2010 that had the same problem with HTTPS traffic on a 2950 and the resolution was to create a Load Balance Policy to only send HTTPS traffic out of the WAN1 port (which would defeat the purpose of the load balancer)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2013 19:34 #77227 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Sticky Sessions WAN Load Balancing
It's session based load balancing so the RDP session would stick with the WAN it's established over until it's done. At which point, it would then be possible for the session to time out and end up on another WAN, but with TCP traffic that's 24 hours by default :)

• stroppyjoe
  • Topic Author
More
06 Aug 2013 10:52 #77257 by stroppyjoe
Replied by stroppyjoe on topic Re: Sticky Sessions WAN Load Balancing
Cheers Voodle, that's exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks again for the reply :D

Moderators: Sami