Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830 Cant set DHCP Option 15

• demongreen
  • Topic Author
More
06 Aug 2013 01:40 #77243 by demongreen
Vigor 2830 Cant set DHCP Option 15 was created by demongreen
Hi,

On the 3.6.3 firmware on a 2830N router, I was able to configure DHCP Option 15 using telnet successfully.

I was testing the new 3.6.4 firmware on a 2830N router, and saw that the DHCP Option 15 was removed, and when I tried to configure it, I had a pop message say that this DHCP Option is reserved. I tried configuring in the GUI as well as telnet, and got the same response.

When I did the firmware upgrade, I used the *.all and never tried to reset to factory defaults. As I have seen people experience DNS issues on v3.6.4, I rolled back to 3.6.3 for the time being anyway, but was wondering if anyone saw this error or know how to get around it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2013 23:00 #77266 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2830 Cant set DHCP Option 15
3.6.4 is annoying like that but I think the domain name field is set using the "sys domainname" telnet command.
I hope Draytek come up with a fix for what 3.6.4 has broken with DNS soon :/

• demongreen
  • Topic Author
More
06 Aug 2013 23:42 #77268 by demongreen
Replied by demongreen on topic Re: Vigor 2830 Cant set DHCP Option 15
Thanks for the reply - I guessed that the resolution to my problem may be that DHCP Option 15 is set somewhere else in the router, and the DHCP Option is tied to this setting.

I did read somewhere (I think) that this next firmware was going to allow you to tie different DHCP Options to each VLAN; 3.6.4 looks like it doesn't have that feature.

Moderators: Sami