Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VIGOR 3200 SETUP and QoS

• uzzieman
  • Topic Author
More
11 Aug 2013 15:17 #77357 by uzzieman
VIGOR 3200 SETUP and QoS was created by uzzieman
Hello,

Wondering if anybody can help me on this. I have a 3200 vigor router which has 3 x BT infinity connections coming in to it, linked to a 5 port switch and then a sever rack which provides internet to a student building.

Whoever set this up did not do anything with the QoS, so currently one user can use all the bandwidth and prevent others from even browsing. I am not even remotely familiar with this router and my added problem is that whoever set this up, did not leave the admin password. So I am likely going to have to do a hard reset on the router to access it.

Once I have done that, what type of installation issues am I likely to face?
Is it just a case of entering the three broadband accounts and setting up the fail over, followed by tinkering with the QoS settings until I can get them to how I want them?

Apologies if I sound really naive, I clearly do not have a clue what I will need to do. What I would like to do is set up the router so that it is load balanced. I would like if only 10 people are using the router, for the bandwidth to be shared between them and if 50 are using it, the same again, without allowing a single user to use it all.

I don't know if this is possible, or whether the QoS controls are limited to the type of data being transmitted?

Whilst the students are back at home over the summer, I would like to get this issue resolved. Even if it requires paying somebody to do this for me (Manchester).

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2013 17:19 #77389 by dave32
Replied by dave32 on topic Re: VIGOR 3200 SETUP and QoS
Hi,

what you need is not QoS but the bandwidth Limit feature, you can then set the required bandwidth per user or group and the router will not allow the users to exceed the limit.

More
14 Aug 2013 16:50 #77413 by davidthornton
Replied by davidthornton on topic Re: VIGOR 3200 SETUP and QoS

uzzieman wrote: Hello,

Wondering if anybody can help me on this. I have a 3200 vigor router which has 3 x BT infinity connections coming in to it, linked to a 5 port switch and then a sever rack which provides internet to a student building.

I have the same router with 3 x WAN connections, however only 2 are FTTC (WAN1 is BT Infinity and WAN3 is IDnet). The third connection (WAN2) is Virgin Media cable. I'm interested in working on this as well to better understand this router myself.

1. What firmware are you currently running on your 3200?
2. Do you have the router reporting to a syslog server? If you do then are you noticing a lot of LCP timeouts on your BT Infinity connections (i.e. LCP(c021) errors)?

Moderators: Sami