Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

View all connected IP addresses

• gungey
  • Topic Author
More
12 Aug 2013 12:13 #77365 by gungey
View all connected IP addresses was created by gungey
Hi folks,

I'm looking for an easy way to view all of the current connections to my router (2860n) where the NetBIOS/Host Name are displayed.

There are places like the LAN Interface overview on the main page, but that doesn't show all of the devices for some reason. The DHCP Table table seems to be the only place that shows all connections, but it doesn't list host names all the time.

Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2013 18:20 #77373 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: View all connected IP addresses
LAN >> Bind IP to MAC should show everything ... if not try a beta from UK support page
Also if you enable Diagnostics >> Data Flow Monitor should show just the connected devices and each time at bind ip or flow monitor "catch" them by time

More
12 Aug 2013 21:56 #77380 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: View all connected IP addresses
the diagnostics - ARP cache table will show all currently active IP addresses and their associated hostnames :)

annoyingly the bind IP to mac actually overrides this (because it fixes the ARP entry) so you can't tell if a bind IP to MAC IP is online or offline

• gungey
  • Topic Author
More
13 Aug 2013 09:37 #77386 by gungey
Replied by gungey on topic Re: View all connected IP addresses
Thanks guys :).

It's a shame that there's not an overview that shows just the connected devices (and hostnames) in one place. I guess the ARP cache is the best place, except for fixed IPs (which most of mine are :lol:). The Bind IP page does list only connected IPs which is great, but I can't view the hostnames from there to easily see what is what.

More
13 Aug 2013 19:23 #77391 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: View all connected IP addresses

gungey wrote: Thanks guys :).

It's a shame that there's not an overview that shows just the connected devices (and hostnames) in one place. I guess the ARP cache is the best place, except for fixed IPs (which most of mine are :lol:). The Bind IP page does list only connected IPs which is great, but I can't view the hostnames from there to easily see what is what.

Hmm, try pressing the + signs on the dashboard page with that router, maybe it does?

Moderators: Sami