2830 set up with netgear

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
03 Sep 2013 09:16 #1 by babis3g
2830 set up with netgear was created by babis3g
Hi ... while my 2830 works perfect with no much errors in a fastpath connection with a broadcom dslam ... i have got a very small and old netgear 2200v3 (broadcom) to test it with my adsl line ... as you understand the routing part of the netgear is not good even half way compare to the draytek so the draytek is doing almost all the rest work

If i bridge the 2200 it works perfect with the 2830n but can not see the line stats so can not make tweaks to the adsl line...

I have set it exactly with this example here (scroll down and see section) ... " Setting up the DrayTek 2920 with two ADSL modems "
http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/draytek-2920
is just a netgear, instead the billion & instead of the 2920 is the 2830n which is working perfect ... i have not face any problem so far apart the ping has increased

So while is working good to avoid double NAT or hack in my network etc ... my question is do i need to do something at the draytek? as i want to do all the rest work such firewall, dhcp,DoS etc

Set up at the 2200 is:
Nat enable (if i disable at 2200 the connection is not working) well at least maybe is the way i have set it up
fire wall at 2200 is enable & DoS
DHCP is disable
wifi is disable

AT 2830 apart give static ip i have not touch anything else such DoS, firewall, dhcp etc ... so here my worrying
Is this fine ... or do i need to disable at 2830 wan ip alias or something else like NAT, firewall (if NAT how to disable? ) etc

While with connection part such tweaking,changing filters,changing firmwares including betas etc i am very ... i am trying this first time
Thanks for your time ... Babis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami