DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860Vn availability in the UK?

• fabwhack
  • Topic Author
More
04 Sep 2013 09:47 #77597 by fabwhack
2860Vn availability in the UK? was created by fabwhack
I'm just about to upgrade from ADSL (Demon) to Fibre (Plusnet), and my old and trusty 2820Vn won't be able to keep up. The 2860Vn looks like the box for me, but I can't find it in stock anywhere. Does anyone know if it's actually available yet, and if so anywhere that might have one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2013 12:37 #77599 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860Vn availability in the UK?
You can call broadband buyer when will have it in stock or register via email
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Specifications.asp?ProductID=15295

... but my guess ... will take very long time because i don't see it out even at UK SEG (the original stock dealers here in UK) NOT either at main Draytek offices in Taiwan ... so the best is to give an email at the main offices here in UK ... info@draytek.co.uk ... they are very good and they reply fast

More
04 Sep 2013 13:00 #77601 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2860Vn availability in the UK?
we have sold a couple already and they are listed on the SEG reseller portal too

• fabwhack
  • Topic Author
More
04 Sep 2013 20:16 #77606 by fabwhack
Replied by fabwhack on topic Re: 2860Vn availability in the UK?

sicon wrote: we have sold a couple already

Could you sell me one? :D Do you have a link or store that has them in stock? My FTTC is being installed in 10 days, and although the 2850 would do the job, I'd prefer to go for the bleeding-edge option - I'm a pretty heavy (site-to-site) VPN user and I'm concerned that the 2850 might be just a little underpowered. Or am I being overly cautious?

More
06 Sep 2013 11:39 #77617 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2860Vn availability in the UK?
If you are a heavy VPN user then wouldn't you want a 2960 or even 3900 as the VPN pas through is much higher with them

More
06 Sep 2013 13:03 #77621 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: 2860Vn availability in the UK?
I would not want to discourage anyone from the 2860 since it looks like a great router. I'm still trying to persuade myself to buy one! However, surprisingly, the 2820 (n in my case) will cope with a 76mb FTTC connection. Mine tops out about 74-75mb on a wired connection (obviously via wan 2 to BT openreach modem). Also get 16mbps up, which is where my line tops out anyway.

So, my advice would be, get your FTTC installed, use 2820, then upgrade at your leisure.

Moderators: Sami