DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830/50 External Ping issues with Leased Line.

• nlewis65
  • Topic Author
More
07 Sep 2013 11:27 #1 by nlewis65
I am trying to impress a future employer by helping him to resolve an issue with their Draytek Vigor so please bear with me if I am a little sketchy with things as it was something that was mentioned during the interview process and I am only going by what I was told.

They have a Vigor 2830/50, not sure which, that is connected to a Dedicated Leased Line using the WAN ports. They have several mapped External IP Addresses that go to internal servers/devices to allow access from the outside world. They also have 2 internal networks that are on different subnets, to keep them separate, both connected up as LAN's on the Vigor. It is basically 2 different companies but the one company looks after the IT of both companies. The problem they have is that they cannot access any of the devices that are on the other LAN by using the external IP address, this is to allow them to gain remote access to servers and devices that have been allocate an external IP address. They can, however, ping both the external IP of the Draytek Vigor and the External gateway IP of the Leased Line. They originally had an ADSL line and this used to work ok until they replaced it with the Dedicated Leased Line. To get around the issue they have setup some static routes but ideally they would like to be able to access things using the external IP. I am guessing it may be a firewall rule or filter that needs applying to allow ICMP responses.

Again apologies if this seems a bit vague but any suggestions will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Neal Lewis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami