DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820n. Problem with VLAN not seperating WiFi

• devilish
  • Topic Author
More
19 Sep 2013 20:53 #1 by devilish
Hello,

I've read guides online about how to set this up, and have looked at the huge user manual about it, what I want to do is even stated on page 203 at the bottom:

Separate the Wireless and the Wired LAN- WLAN Isolation enables you to isolate your
wireless LAN from wired LAN for either quarantine or limit access reasons. To isolate means
neither of the parties can access each other. To elaborate an example for business use, you
may set up a wireless LAN for visitors only so they can connect to Internet without hassle of
the confidential information leakage. For a more flexible deployment, you may add filters of
MAC addresses to isolate users’ access from wired LAN.

So onto the info:
Vigor 2820n
Firmware 3.3.3_232201 (quite out of date I know, I have plans to update but I really shouldn't need to...)

So as stated above I basically want a wireless that users connect to and are not put onto the internal network, how I understood going about doing this:

Enable VLAN > Set all physical ports to VLAN0 > Set SSID2 to VLAN1
Setup SSID2 to use WPA, set SSID name and set: Isolate Member:Wireless clients (stations) with the same SSID cannot access for each other. as ticked.

during this the router rebooted, and said i can access it on 192.168.1.254 OR 192.168.2.1 - so sounds like it has created the second VLAN
however connecting to the SSID2 wireless gives it an internal network address and allows it on the internal network.

I then enabled 2nd Subnet DHCP server, hoping that the router will dish out separate IP's to wifi users, however it doesn't seem to like it unless I am to enter MAC addresses (which I cannot know as its for public use)

I'm currently stuck on knowing where to go next, will a firmware update suddenly fix it all (looking at the release notes it doesn't mention anything about VLAN fixes)
Or have I missed a setting somewhere that needs to get ticked that isn't very obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Devilish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami