SSID based policy or user based policy

• pagamble
  • Topic Author
More
01 Oct 2013 17:45 #1 by pagamble
SSID based policy or user based policy was created by pagamble
Hi guys

Just had 2860n delivered.

Aim was to be able to enforce strong app and URL controls for children whilst letting me and my wife have less controlled access.

I understand there are two routes here ...

1. define different SSIDs - one for children and one for us. Depending on which SSID you access by, you get different policy applied.
2. define extra layer of users in user management - put children in one group, adults in another and apply different policy based on who logs in.

If anyone can point to a quick set of instructions to set one or both the above up, would be appreciated.

As a first glance, I can create the SSIDs with different WPA passcodes.

I can also create a children's group and a parent's group with the children as users in the former and me and my wife as users in the latter.

At that point, how do we set up URLs that are blocked by policy ? It appears to be as keywords in objects or as urls in CSM/url content filter profile.

That is all fine ... although I'd rather a open list of words I just wanted recognised to block ...

The confusion is that you create lots of profiles for objects, groups, URLs, firewall rules and so on ... how do apply a chosen set of profiles to a given SSID access route or user in user management ?

Best regards

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami