Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N F/W 3.3.7 wifi time restrictions

• tony.mole
  • Topic Author
More
07 Oct 2013 11:01 #1 by tony.mole
2820N F/W 3.3.7 wifi time restrictions was created by tony.mole
Hi All

I am using the above router via WAN2 connected to an ethernet BT router... so am not actually using the ADSL element - the reason I mention this is in case I need to replace the 2820 with another model to achieve what I want...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows a way on the 2820N to impose time restrictions on access to wifi?

My kids are now getting older and have ipods, recently we have found their friends are Facetiming them at all hours of the night... I have set up a second WLAN for them to access, but would like to set this to be available only during certain times of the day.

The closest I can seem to find is Mac Address Control, which I would be happy with, but on the website it says it's only available on the 2100V, 2200V, 2900 and 2900V - http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1830&Itemid=293&lang=en

I don't want to turn off the whole internet access - just for the kids :mrgreen:

From what I can see, it looks like the 2900 series is older than the 2820, although I cant be 100% sure as there is limited details on the Draytek website.

But does anyone have any pointers on how I can automate this - rather than having to log on and manually turn their wifi on and off when I think about it?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami