DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850 Syslog Problem

• tsnet2008
  • Topic Author
More
01 Nov 2013 23:32 #1 by tsnet2008
2850 Syslog Problem was created by tsnet2008
Trying my luck here and hope get some advice.

I have been using 2830n, 2850n and 2850Vn for my customers and my business.

I found USB logging do work but sometimes the crash or reboot mess it up in the end. Reformat the USB stick, and disable all options related to Syslog Setup, save, reboot, plug the USB stick back, re-enable all syslog related setting to USB.

Recently, I experienced this strange problem when using Syslog Server (Not USB). I have 2850Vn running firmware 3.6.4_2471201. I configured the syslog to my server (Kiwi Syslog Server), no problem I receive the traps.
In the meantime, I have another 2850n running the same firmware for my customer. I cannot make it work using USB logging or Syslog to Kiwi Syslog Server. I have tried disabling all syslog related options, and then re-enable them after reboot, the result is the same - not working. There is no trap I receive in Kiwi while other network devices traps are shown and received in the same program.

I tried using telnet/ssh with the command document, but I found nothing related to Syslog service.
Last but not least, I did re-flash the firmware on my customer's 2850n, the syslog to server is still not working. Exhausted!

I personally believe it could be a bug which happen when I run/enable different feature on the box.
If anyone of you have experienced the similar thing or know the solution, please help.

Thanks!

Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami