DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

reached the maximum number of permitted Internet sessions

• volksmagic
  • Topic Author
More
12 Dec 2013 09:23 #78491 by volksmagic
Hi All, its my first post here and im more of a windows man than network.... im hoping someone might be able to shed some light on an issue that has Cropped up over the last couple of days at a customers site, they have had a 3200 in place that has been rock solid reliable for as long as i can remember, however they are now sporadically getting the error

“You have reached the maximum number of permitted Internet sessions.
Please close one or more applications to allow further Internet access.
Contact your system administrator for further information.”

on client machines,

i have seen that this is a bug on the older 2820's... but cant find anything about it being an issue on the 3200's

the router has been re-started and i have checked that there is no session management enabled,

i have also telnet to the router and run "portmaptime -l" command to check there are no corrupt values under there and compared this to another 3200 that we have in another company and the value's are the same..

has anyone any ideas they can share?

thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2013 11:46 #78497 by sicon
You should be able to view the amount of sessions in the data flow monitor

I have seen malware create 10s of 1000s of sessions before - a 2830 will allow upto 80000 sessions I think

• volksmagic
  • Topic Author
More
13 Dec 2013 11:20 #78510 by volksmagic

sicon wrote: You should be able to view the amount of sessions in the data flow monitor

I have seen malware create 10s of 1000s of sessions before - a 2830 will allow upto 80000 sessions I think

hi there thanks for the reply!... yes i have looked there and there are no unusual figures showing, i have also updated the firmware to the latest and this has also made no difference.... its really odd...

Moderators: Sami