DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2960 loses its IP after power cycle

• tobes
  • Topic Author
More
19 Dec 2013 21:19 #1 by tobes
Hello forum,

Has anyone else experiences this problem with a Vigor2960 (firmware 1.0.7+)...

Seemingly every time I power cycle it (not reboot – reboot is fine), it loses its IP address – effectively bricking it and forcing me to factory reset and reconfigure. It does not come back with the IP I set OR the factory IP (192.168.1.1).

Just happened again today after a power failure and I have to say I am pretty annoyed.

I did a scan of the subnet I’m using and the default and the router does not have an IP address on either, which as it’s the default gateway is rather critical issue on my network, and one major pain in the arse!

Judging by the lights it does come back with other config it had on it and possibly even establishes an internet connection (wan1 light on). Although DHCP doesn't seem to work - but guess that is possibly because it's IP is either gone or on some random subnet.

So, has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone have an idea how I could work out what subnet and IP the router is using (if it has one at all). At least if I could communicate with it to set the IP address back again, it would save reconfiguring.

I really am getting fed up with Draytek kit at the moment, My VigorAP 800 insists on using a DHCP acquired address rather than the statically assigned one I keep assigning it. And it reset it's IP to .10 after the last firmware upgrade. What is it with Draytek kit and their IPs!!!

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami