DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Routing ALL internet Traffic through VPN

• xr3-keith
  • Topic Author
More
30 Dec 2013 20:20 #1 by xr3-keith
Routing ALL internet Traffic through VPN was created by xr3-keith
Routing ALL internet Traffic through VPN (DRAYTEK)

Hi.

I am looking for some help with the following Scenario..

We have a villa in Spain which we regularly visit. We take our Sky box with us a lot but cannot access the On Demand Services as Sky's systems detect that we are on a Spanish assigned public IP address.

We are playing with it in the UK at the moment and we have managed to get a VPN running, as much as I could ping the router the other end (on a different network, 192.168.1.X *the UK Router* where as I was on 10.0.0.X*Spanish Router*), and also some devices on that network too. This scenario didn't result with the Public IP on the Spanish Router being the same as the UK Router, it was the one issued by Sky, or the Spanish IP).

We have also managed to set it up through Windows 8's own VPN software, and although that then showed my Public IP *Spanish Router* as being the same as the remote network *UK Router*, this wont help for the Sky box as Sky don't install a VPN feature on their boxes.

So, we have 2 X Draytek Vigor 2820 routers running. As previously mentioned, we had a Router to Router based VPN running as even the VPN lights both illuminated when connected and also the Connection Status page showed it, but the Public IP*Spanish Router* was still the local one *UK Router*.

So, what I would really like some help with (please) is what I need to do to route ALL internet traffic from the remote router*UK Router*, to my local one *Spanish Router*. Once we work this out, my router will be going to Spain and then tested.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and especially the ones that have some input and if you need any clarification on anything, just let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami