DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2830 VLAN Tagging

• kamanchiadmin
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2014 16:22 #78729 by kamanchiadmin
Draytek 2830 VLAN Tagging was created by kamanchiadmin
Hi, I am having some trouble setting up some VLANs on my Draytek 2830.

The setup I am trying to achieve is to have 2 VLANs, one for Data and one for Voice so that I can connect an IP phone to my switch configured for VLAN2 (voice) and then connect a PC to the PC port which will be on VLAN1 (Data).

This is the way I have set it up:

LAN1: 192.168.140.1/24 - DHCP Enabled
LAN2: 192.168.10.1/24 - DHCP Enabled

VLAN0 Ports 1,2,3 and 4 ticked with Subnet LAN1 Selected. VLAN Tag unticked. This should be the VLAN for Data so all packets Untagged.
VLAN1 Ports 1,2 and 3 unticked. Port 4 ticked with Subnet LAN2 selected. VLAN Tag enabled and set VID to 2. This should be the VLAN for Voice so all packets are Tagged on VLAN ID2.

I have port 4 on the Draytek connected to my Cisco SLM224P switch. The VLAN settings on here are VLAN1 (Default) all ports Untagged. VLAN2 (voice) ports 1-23 Tagged, port 24 Untagged. The Draytek is connected to port 24.

The problem is any device connected to my switch can get an IP address on LAN1 subnet but if I connect an IP phone that is set to VLAN2 it does not get an IP address on VLAN2.

Has anyone tried this setup with a Draytek 2830 before. Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2014 11:23 #79008 by francisbrand
Replied by francisbrand on topic Re: Draytek 2830 VLAN Tagging
I've noticed that on my 2830 that tagging on P2 does not work. It might be me but I seem to get tagging to work fine on P1 but P2 (and presumable P3 and $ but not checked) I have to resort to not tagged sub-netting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami