Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VLAN's G2240 G2260 P2260

• tawm54
  • Topic Author
More
05 Feb 2014 12:02 #78963 by tawm54
VLAN's G2240 G2260 P2260 was created by tawm54
Hi there,
I am having trouble using multiple switches to form a VLAN config.
What I am trying to achieve is send multiple VLAN's down a single Port,
I was able to config the first G2240 to receive the VLAN's through Tag based groups enabling 12 VLAN's to the G2240 initially to ports 23 & 24, under VLAN Port configuration, ports 23 & 24 have the role of Trunk, and Double Tag is enabled as 'service' both ports are VLAN Aware, and Ingress Filtering is enabled,
Frame type is 'all' and PVID is unchanged as '1' being my management VLAN on the router.
this config on the G2240 allows me to then change whatever Access Port i like to PVID xxx, and giving me an address on a different Subnet Just as I intended on the VLAN,
What I cannot achieve with the Draytek Managed switches at the moment is being able to send the same multiple VLAN services to another switch via a single port, allowing me to receive the VLANs from the Router with a through Trunk Port, the only VLAN I can obtain from the first G2240 switch is the management VLAN '1' with or without management enabled on the switch. I have replicated the Trunk settings and trial and error compared anything that could allow the VLAN's to the second managed switch, but i cannot receive more than just the management VLAN from the first switch.

Hopefully someone has had experience with VLANs from the managed switch config.
Appreciate any input,
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2014 13:47 #78971 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: VLAN's G2240 G2260 P2260
Which 2 switches are you using? Are they both G2240's or are you using a mixture?

• tawm54
  • Topic Author
More
06 Feb 2014 12:28 #78986 by tawm54
Replied by tawm54 on topic Re: VLAN's G2240 G2260 P2260
I am using a mixture, the G2240's and G2260's are working fine with VLAN's able to tag ports as any VLAN, but receiving VLAN on the P2260 is proving to be a difficult task, the terminology and how to set up a Trunk port isn't as easy to do on the P2260 Switches.
I am looking to use the P2260 to receive the Trunk via Port 24, and set up multiple Trunk ports on the PoE switch, to send to Access Points while at the same time powering them.
Thanks.

Moderators: Sami