DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2760n - serve webpage or error page to incoming HTTP

• inge jones
  • Topic Author
More
06 Feb 2014 17:13 #78993 by inge jones
I have port 80 forwarded to a web server on our LAN. Occasionally we take down the server for maintenance, and I don't have another handy. Is there a way to have the 2760n serve some sort of page saying "The server is down for maintenance please try later" for example? If not natively, then by redirecting port 80 to one of the attached USB sticks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2014 18:07 #78996 by babis3g
i am not sure if will help but try at User Management > Advertisement > Advertisement ... to enable
& then
System Maintenance > Administrator Setting > Message ... to write the desired message

Not sure if will work but worth it to try

• inge jones
  • Topic Author
More
06 Feb 2014 18:09 #78997 by inge jones
I got the impression that was for people actually trying to log into the router itself?

More
06 Feb 2014 18:20 #78998 by babis3g
This is when someone log into the network will appear a pop up screen (new window browser) with the message ... i am using it and is working each time for anyone who is logging into my wifi network but not sure if will work with server

Note if they have blocker activated will stop the pop up window with the message

I can not think any other way if this not works ... sorry as i am not using servers

Moderators: Sami