Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Repurpose Vigor 2710N

• agility
  • Topic Author
More
12 Feb 2014 09:56 #79061 by agility
Repurpose Vigor 2710N was created by agility
Hello,

We have a quad-wan router firewall that's currently connected to three Draytek 120V2s on BT ADSL. This is all working great, we are adding a fourth line to the mix and we've found our old 2710N. Can this perform the same bridging function as the 120V2 as I'd like to avoid double-natting the fourth line? According to the manual, I can go into Internet Access and set PPPoA as the protocol and select PPPoE Path-through for Wired LAN then enter my ADSL Username/Password directly into the quad-wan router, but is there anything else I need to change on the 2710? Will I need to turn off the firewall/Wi-Fi, or does the act of setting PPPoE pass-through do this for you?

Or should I just buy another 120V2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2014 10:52 #79063 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Repurpose Vigor 2710N
If i am not mistaken BT is using PPPoA so will be fine to work it at Internet Access >> PPPoE / PPPoA

I am not sure what mode is working the 120v2 but the 2710n at Internet Access >> PPPoE / PPPoA >> Bridge mode ... & ... Internet Access >> PPPoE / PPPoA > PPPoE Pass-through ... supports both modes (firmware 3.6.5) so you don't need to get another 120v2

at Internet Access >> PPPoE / PPPoA >> Bridge mode > enable ... it turn off by itself all wifi, not block any multicast/broadcast, should pass non IP protocols as well, relay dhcp server etc so NO need of any other adjustments ... it needs username & pass ... this mode once is enable you may not be able to ping the 2710n once is connected to the router but will work great just not stats from it

at Internet Access >> PPPoE / PPPoA > PPPoE Pass-through ... never used this mode ... you may need to turn off manually wifi etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami