Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3300V IP Routing cant ping WAN Gateway?

• keith.kelly
  • Topic Author
More
15 Feb 2014 14:16 #79080 by keith.kelly
3300V IP Routing cant ping WAN Gateway? was created by keith.kelly
Hi,

I have a Vigor 3300V on latest firmware setup on WAN1 with a public WAN IP address (x.x.x.93/24) and Gateway (of my isp IP x.x.x.1/24).

I have configured IP Routing under the LAN settings to WAN1 to be one of my public IP addresses (x.x.x.97/28) out of my public range and have given a server another of the public IPs (x.x.x.98/28) from my range which is connected to LAN1.

Internally everything can ping everything, but my server can't access the internet (or even ping the ISP gateway x.x.x.1/24). It hits the WAN IP of the Draytek (x.x.x.93/24) but goes no further. Would this be a static route issue?

Interestingly if I connect on an internal 192.168.1.0/24 private IP to the LAN1 I can ping the gateway (x.x.x.1/24) fine.

I'm really struggling on this one and it seems like it should be so very simple! I would greatly appreciate any help offered.

Thanks.

Keith.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• keith.kelly
  • Topic Author
More
15 Feb 2014 17:57 #79084 by keith.kelly
Replied by keith.kelly on topic Re: 3300V IP Routing cant ping WAN Gateway?
It's sorted.

As my public IP range subnet differs from my primary WAN1 IP address, I've had to setup WAN4 as DMZ and put the 2nd subnet IP address in my list of DMZ Hosts and run a cable from WAN4 to the LAN.

Took me a while but I hope this helps someone else should you be in the same situation as me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami