DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 with standard ADSL reboots at random intervals

• deltamikealpha
  • Topic Author
More
20 Feb 2014 21:18 #79141 by deltamikealpha
Hi there

I'm using my 2860 currently for a standard BT DSL connection -- it wasn't due to go live for another 5 days yet, but earlier on the line decided to synch and since then I've been relatively happy -- however

At some random interval (sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes 10, sometimes 30 or over an hour) - the router decides to reboot itself.

I know it doesn't do this normally - I used it for a year or more at my last address - I also know it's been up and running as the uptime was in the hundreds of hours before the line sync'd and my home network was still running from it.

I've updated the firmware and tried resetting to factory config to no avail - and am currently running back on the BT HomeHub - which has been ok (so far)

Anyone seen this before? More importantly - anyone solved it!?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• deltamikealpha
  • Topic Author
More
20 Feb 2014 21:37 #79142 by deltamikealpha
Replied by deltamikealpha on topic Re: 2860 with standard ADSL reboots at random intervals
--- I'm going to leave this dormant now - found another thread as soon as I'd posted (amazing, huh?) and found ref to a factory reset with the button on the front plus 3.7.3.3 -- I'll see if this helps any. Hopefully so - I'm not a HomeHub fan ;)

More
20 Feb 2014 23:06 #79143 by babis3g
i have the 2760 and i have same issue, i am in touch with the support ...but why mentioned the 2760 in a thread of 2860? i think both using the same dsl chipset ... can you tell me if your local current adsl dslam is broadcom?(not the one before you move which was working fine)Thanks

EDIT
try the firmware change as you saying and if you still have issues i will try to give you a setting to change if will make difference

• deltamikealpha
  • Topic Author
More
20 Feb 2014 23:13 #79144 by deltamikealpha
Replied by deltamikealpha on topic Re: 2860 with standard ADSL reboots at random intervals
Honestly not sure - though willing to check if you can tell me how!

http://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18995

The above thread is the one I saw after - I read through it properly after and as coincidence would have it - I installed Plex about an hour after my line became active.

It's not running now and touch wood, no restarts so far...

More
20 Feb 2014 23:30 #79145 by babis3g
not sure how to find out the dslam vendor with the 2860 ... your issue seems related to plex then ... hope all will go well for you then ... thanks again

More
18 Mar 2014 14:40 #79386 by tobythetenor
Disabling UPnP will stop the undesired reboots from happening.
It's not great not having UPnP, but it's a work-around I can live with at the moment.
Hope Draytek will fix this soon.

Moderators: Sami