DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

how to configure router interface access from internet

• integro
  • Topic Author
More
24 Feb 2014 12:38 #79180 by integro
I have a Vigor 2920n balance router, and I want to have access at router settings from internet.
If it is a network issue and I'm not at the office, I would like to be able to see the router web interface and change some settings.

On "System Maintenance >> Management" section, I checked "Allow management from the Internet" and also the "HTTPS Server" option.
But when I try to connect through internet, I get no answer!
For internet connection I use this path: https://[888.888.888.888.888]/

It is someone which did this before and know where is the issue in my configuration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2014 13:32 #79183 by babis3g
You need to have a static ip and type it into the web browser ... static ip does not change
if is dynamic ip still same apply but after a reboot or DC etc of the modem/router if the ip change you need to know that IP again
example my ip is dynamic & right now mine is **.130.49.41 according to
http://whatismyipaddress.com/
You also may need enable HTTP server
If i type in this IP to any browser it will bring the admin page of my modem so you can log in ... as long is enable "Allow management from the Internet" HTTP/HTTPS

• integro
  • Topic Author
More
24 Feb 2014 13:52 #79184 by integro
What do you mean by "You also may need enable HTTP server", I already checked the "HTTPS Server" option.
Should I change something in firewall settings?

More
24 Feb 2014 16:15 #79190 by babis3g

integro wrote: What do you mean by "You also may need enable HTTP server", I already checked the "HTTPS Server" option.
Should I change something in firewall settings?

There are 6 options
FTP Server
HTTP Server ---> enable (tick)
HTTPS Server ----> tick
Telnet Server
TR069 Server
SSH Server

& also tick the "Allow management from the Internet"

that is how i got mine and can access the UI of my 2850,2830,2920 i own & have tried in the past ... the firewall was at default settings when used it in the past

If is not working with the 2860 then go at "System Maintenance >> Administrator Password Setup" and enable "Enable 'Admin' Login From Wan"

Moderators: Sami