DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 / Apple Airport Extreme / O2 - Sky

• squishband
  • Topic Author
More
24 Feb 2014 14:53 #79187 by squishband
Hi, Let me start by saying, I'm not as tech savvy as I ought to be; in order to be asking questions in this forum, but anyway...

We get our ADSL broadband connection from O2. When they sold it to Sky we got a new wireless router. It's badged O2 and Technicolor on top and says O2 Wireless box 5 underneath. It's not very good and I'd like to be able to use my Vigor 120 and my Airport Extreme instead. We're a Mac only family (in general) and I've had good results from the Airport in the past.

Would anyone be prepared to help me set this up. I need very simple instructions.

All the best,

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• squishband
  • Topic Author
More
24 Feb 2014 15:13 #79189 by squishband
Replied by squishband on topic Re: Vigor 120 / Apple Airport Extreme / O2 - Sky
It would appear that despite the search result turning up nothing, there is already a thread on this subject. Essentially, it's already gone past the set up part. I hope I won't have the same problem. The solutions appear a bit too complicated for me, but I'll do my best to follow it and see where it gets me.

Richard

More
24 Feb 2014 16:18 #79191 by babis3g
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19103

• squishband
  • Topic Author
More
24 Feb 2014 16:28 #79193 by squishband
Replied by squishband on topic Re: Vigor 120 / Apple Airport Extreme / O2 - Sky

babis3g wrote: http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19103

Yup, that's the one :)

More
28 Feb 2014 16:15 #79239 by drawde
Hi squishband

The previous thread on the topic was mine. I have reached the conclusion that it isn't going to happen unfortunately - the Airport Extreme (mine is a 4th Generation running the latest firmware) doesn't support the authentication method (CHAP) used by Sky. While I can't prove this, I have eliminated everything else. Your options are:
1) Put a different PPPoE router that supports CHAP between the Vigor 120 and the Airport, and set the Airport's internet connection mode to DHCP and network setting to Bridge mode.
2) Abandon the Vigor 120 and connect the Airport to the Sky/O2 router, again with the Airport's internet connection mode set to DHCP and network in Bridge mode. You can disable wifi etc on the Sky/O2 router and use the Airport for everything. This is what I have done.

Hope this helps.

More
20 Mar 2014 20:11 #79423 by thenextbutton
Replied by thenextbutton on topic Re: Vigor 120 / Apple Airport Extreme / O2 - Sky
Hi, just to make you aware that you can setup your vigor 120 and apple router.

I have had mine setup but put it back to sky router with time capsule hanging off of it, due to slow speeds with the vigor passing through.

You have to use your sky router to get your username and password off it, using wire shark. Their are plenty of YouTube videos and online instructions on how to achieve this.

Put you apple router to pppoe authentication mode and put your sky details login details in. Hook your vigor to the wan side and that should be you.

Moderators: Sami