Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Vigor Cisco VPN Woes

• kekerusey
  • Topic Author
More
26 Feb 2014 14:52 #1 by kekerusey
Draytek Vigor Cisco VPN Woes was created by kekerusey
Hi,

I bought a Draytek Vigor modem/router, Vigor 2850 to be precise, but I'm getting VPN problems with it. The VPN issues are software, not hardware based and I am seeking configuration advice more than anything.

The actual problem is that I connect to work using "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client VPN" (a Windows client) which connects fine but, once connected, I run a VMWare VDI session and that continually has connection problems. I occasionally see other connection issues but they are merely inconvenient, the VDI is what I use most and the connection problems with it are far and away the most acute.

These problems didn't happen before I had the router but I bought the router in May last year while the issues started in October so I am fairly convinced the router is not the issue. As I say above I am seeking configuration advice.

A number of things have or may have happened around the time things went pear-shaped:
* Sky bought out BE internet. There may have been server changes involved.
* Work carried out a VPN update (server side).
* I switched from MS 2008 to 2012 domain at home (Mid-November)
* Over that period I will have installed/uninstalled software, no idea.

In order to test this (to eliminate possible issues) I have:
* Switched my laptop to an internal fixed IP.
* Switched my internet provider from Sky to PlusNet.
* Tested the connection using a fresh laptop build.

Nothing has solved the issue.

This makes working from home extremely difficult because the VDI will appear to lock up completely, then disconnects, then reconnects at which point it might return control to me or it might not (might disconnect again).

What I can say with reasonable surety is that the problems started in October more or less eliminating my domain change and the router itself. So what I am after is any idea anyone has that I can do configuration-wise in my router in order to try and improve the connection.

Thx

Keke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami