Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2830

• over2000
  • Topic Author
More
27 Feb 2014 11:25 #79217 by over2000
Draytek 2830 was created by over2000
Hi Everyone...

Do you have an idea how to set up a log to log failed logins from WAN into my draytek ? ideally it would be nice if I can get an email notification if possible ....

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2014 21:07 #79273 by tucup1
Replied by tucup1 on topic Re: Draytek 2830
I have seen the emails setup that is designed to emails syslogs....does your router have this at all?
My response may be limited but I have found here, very little help, Admins are not interested in helping novice users in my experience as they don't answer mine, but I at least am willing to acknowledge your question

• over2000
  • Topic Author
More
05 Mar 2014 09:57 #79281 by over2000
Replied by over2000 on topic Re: Draytek 2830
Hi

Thx for interest...

My 2830 router does have an option to send logs via email but its not working ...
I searched internet and there were few answers but non of them seems to work... I tried Gmail and Hotmail accounts and no result ....

Did you ever tried to do this ?

Also , Its a shame that you buying expensive router and you getting less support the cheaper brands....

Regards
Pawel

More
05 Mar 2014 10:41 #79282 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2830
Hi have never used this feature so i am not sure if is what you looking with data but at Applications >> SMS / Mail Alert Service, i see 2 tabs, one for sms & one for mail

also at System Maintenance >> SysLog / Mail Alert Setup there is one more option

Current firmware 3.6.6.2 here (make sure you have the correct model band)
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2830/Firmware/

More
05 Mar 2014 18:30 #79287 by tucup1
Replied by tucup1 on topic Re: Draytek 2830
I found this too, the manual is huge for the router but I found 2 email menus for this. As the previous poster points out, there is a feature for this, but do be aware that some rules stop short of reaching this tool as I have found out. Deny always over rules allow on Draytek routers so watch your rules, filters etc. best of luck

Moderators: Sami