DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

connectin 2830n to home hub 5

More
28 Feb 2014 12:49 #79233 by least
connectin 2830n to home hub 5 was created by least
Hi
I had infinity 2 installed today.
I hoped it would be a quick job to remove the home hub and connect my 2830n wan2 port to the modem, but the home hub 5 has the modem built in and the engineer didn't have any spare modems . Short of getting a new vigor with the full fibre support, how can I get my vigor to use the connection from the home hub 5?
I'm a little bit lost with what to do.

Thanks
Least

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2014 14:48 #79235 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: connectin 2830n to home hub 5
If the hub does pppoe pass through then put your details into the DrayTek for that.
If it wont pass through the details then you'll most likely need a 2860 or a modem

More
28 Feb 2014 15:41 #79237 by least
Replied by least on topic Re: connectin 2830n to home hub 5
Thanks sicon.
No I don't think it does the ppoe pass-through.
Cheers
P

More
28 Feb 2014 18:56 #79244 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: connectin 2830n to home hub 5
disable wan 1 & 3 @ WAN >> General Setup
enable the wan 2 ... Active Mode always on
you may need to use VLAN Tag insertion enable and add 101 but this let it to the end if will not connect

if the HH5 has bridge mode enable it and now at the 2830 go at WAN >> Internet Access>wan 2>access mode : pppoe >details page & enable top left & add the username & pass of your account or whatever BT needs (can try a search for it)

if the HH5 does not support bridge mode then same page try with PPPoE or top tab static or dynamic ip and tick obtain ip automatic OR if you can see type in the Specify an IP address the ip address, mask, gateway

More
01 Mar 2014 19:06 #79256 by chavly40
Replied by chavly40 on topic Re: connectin 2830n to home hub 5
Another solution (also cheaper than buying a new Draytek with VDSL built-in) is to purchase a seperate OpenReach modem (usually called Huawei HG612) on ebay for about £30. This will quite easily work with the 2830. If you get one of the unlocked ones, you will also be able to view line stats. Got one myself today (unlocked version), it may be the "placebo effect" but internet feels slightly faster and "snapier" than the stock one I had originally.

Just a thought.

More
03 Mar 2014 10:54 #79261 by least
Replied by least on topic Re: connectin 2830n to home hub 5
Thanks for all your suggestions.
The hh5 doesn't seem to have many options, its pretty much locked down and I've had enough if it!
I thought about buying a separate modem but have decided to buy a 2860n (ones on the way).
I figured I could sell the HH5, the 2830n and an unopened HH4 with wireless usb and wouldn't be too far out of pocket.
Cheers

Moderators: Sami