DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek routers and BT FTTP issues

• craig410
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2014 23:09 #79275 by craig410
Draytek routers and BT FTTP issues was created by craig410
Trying to connect a Draytek 3200 to an ADVA FSP150CP. We have an ethernet service provided over BT's 21CN and it terminates in our premises on the ADVA unit.

The 3200 can ping from itself out to the internet using the diagnostic tool on the router however clients in the LAN can't connect through. Ordinarily it would look like a routing / NAT issue although I was that confident the routing, NAT, firewall rules etc weren't at fault I factory reset the router just to setup the WAN interface and try again.

Suspecting a faulty interface on the 3200, I tried WAN2 3 and 4 as well and all interfaces behave the same. Bizarrely changing only the WAN interface settings to our other provider and connecting it to that service it works straight away confirming it's not routing / nat/ firewall rules getting in the way. This 3200 has been operating for over a year now so it's not new out the box / DOA.

I upgraded the firmware to the latest version.
I've tried forcing the ethernet link speed incase it was having issues with auto-negotiation. This ADVA unit seems set to 100 / half duplex and that made no difference. Presumably the fact I can ping out from the router implies the ethernet link is good.

Giving up on the 3200 now I have also tried a 2830 and have exactly the same issue.

Giving up on Draytek now. A 6 year old, domestic linksys router can connect to this service and everything works as expected ruling out any external issue or fault with the ADVA unit itself.

At a bit of a loss as to what to try next. Could it just be a physical hardware incompatibility between Draytek and ADVA? Seems strange. Would be interested to hear if anyone has got a working setup with a draytek and FTTP.

Currently have it connected DrayTek-->Linksys-->ADVA--->INTERNET and that works. Just unfortunately means routing everything through another hop.

Any advice gratefully received,

Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• craig410
  • Topic Author
More
23 Mar 2014 18:56 #79445 by craig410
Replied by craig410 on topic Re: Draytek routers and BT FTTP issues
This issue is now resolved. Solution to my problem is here http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19170 incase this might help anyone else with a similar issue.

Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami