DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2960, Sonicwall TZ210 and Extreme Networks Switch!!

• s3ntry
  • Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2014 14:05 #1 by s3ntry
Hi All
I have recently purchased a Vigor 2960. We currently use a Sonicwall TZ210, which the 2960 will replace.
We have internet via VM Business 50Meg, so we use a Superhub, this gives a static local IP which is wired into the WAN 1 port
We have 2 networks, use .10.x for the office (which is on a domain)
and we also use .11.x which feeds our studio.
Both of these are connected into LAN 1 and LAN 2 ports of the 2960

The connection on LAN 2 is wired into an Extreme Networks Switch (in the Studio), using a static .11.252 address (basically this just functions to allow the studio to gain outside access for internet and emails)

My problem is, when I connect the 2960, the office (.10.x) sees the outside world, send and received emails etc.
But the studio (.11.x) will see the outside world for about 10mins, then stops. No internet or email.

I have setup the LAN correctly.

At first I thought the problem maybe the switch in the studio. But we use the Sonicwall, and the studio sees the outside world perfectly, without any changes being made to the Switch in the studio.

Is there a way to post images on here, so you can see how I have configured the 2960?

or does anyone have any ideas why the studio is ok for 10mins or so then gets blocked somehow

Thanks
Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami