DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

V3300 and Ethernet

• save it
  • Topic Author
More
11 Mar 2014 07:37 #79315 by save it
V3300 and Ethernet was created by save it
I'm trying to configure a leased line connection on my Draytek 3300 however having issues. The ip addresses I have enter are correct in the static sesction as I have tested them directly on a laptop and get a connection however when I configure these same settings in the draytek the connection wont start.

I've try setting it as the primary, backup and load balancing and all options just don't appear to work. Anyone had any issues with leased lines and the 3300?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2014 09:57 #79316 by craig410
Replied by craig410 on topic Re: V3300 and Ethernet
Sounds very similar to the issue I'm having. I only posted it a few days ago in http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19159

How is your leased line presented? What physical piece of equipment is your V3300 connecting to?

My connection comes up, as in the ethernet link is there, it shows green in the "online status" and I am able to ping from the draytek to the outside. Are you able to get that far or does the link not show as up in "online status" or "System>Status>WAN status" ?

Craig

• save it
  • Topic Author
More
11 Mar 2014 10:17 #79317 by save it
Replied by save it on topic Re: V3300 and Ethernet
The 3300 connects direct to the Adva box that Openreach installed.

Connecting my laptop directly to the adva proves the connection works so it must be a 3300 issue

More
11 Mar 2014 16:53 #79322 by craig410
I was guessing it would be an ADVA box. Sounds even more like the same issue I'm experiencing. So far I've tried 2 completely different draytek routers and I'm becoming more convinced it's a physical hardware issue between draytek and ADVA.

Not a very helpful response for you but now that I am reassured that it's not just me or my hardware I'm going to raise the issue with draytek support, I'd probably suggest you do the same and I'll post back if I hear of anything useful.

More
23 Mar 2014 18:55 #79444 by craig410
Have an update -

I contacted Draytek Support about this who suspected packet fragmentation but a packet capture revealed no such thing.

Going back over my settings I made the following changes and it sprang into life:

- Set the wan interface to 100m/HALF duplex (which is what it was auto detecting anyway)
- Changed the subnet mask from 255.255.255.254 to 255.255.255.252 (I think this is maybe the key. Although our documentation says use 254 and other routers have worked with it, it only allows for 2 IP's and not 3. Draytek, ADVA and broadcast. It could be the draytek's are just fussy)
- Set MTU on WAN interface to 1442 (don't see this making any difference, but it's working at 1442 at the moment, I might try 1500 and see what happens.)

Because we are load balancing 2 WAN's I initially had the default route set to WAN2 to rule out any load balancing issues but have now returned it to load balance (ip route default off) and it's behaving fine.

I had already upgraded the firmware on this unit to the latest but I'm not convinced that did anything either. I've just found 2 newly introduced bugs in the interface of the latest firmware on my 3200 too.

Hope some of this helps. I'd be very interested to hear if any of this makes any difference to your situation.

Craig

Moderators: Sami