DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Access to router from different lan

• poshcar
  • Topic Author
More
13 Mar 2014 09:16 #79334 by poshcar
Access to router from different lan was created by poshcar
I have two Draytek routers, a 2820 and a 2860 on two different sites as part of my WAN setup, both these routers are setup and work perfectly from the point of view of the connection to the wan. The problem I am having is that if I am on the same LAN as one of the routers I can log on to the router on that Lan, but if I am not on the same LAN I can't login. I am able to ping the 2820 from a different lan, but I can't ping the 2860 from a different lan.

The 2820 provides access to my wan (via VPN) at the it is located, while the 2860 provides Internet access locally at the site it is located.

Now I don't know if this is an issue with the router or a network routing issue but I but my wan providers tell me that my wan is setup correctly and I should be able to log on to the router with out an issue. Can anybody tell me what settings I need to check on both the Drayteks to confirm that they are set correctly.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2014 09:24 #79335 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Access to router from different lan
check both units at
System Maintenance >> Admin Setting>Enable Admin Login From Wan to be ticked
System Maintenance >> Management>LAN Access Control> Allow management from LAN ... tick them all for testing, including Apply to Lan 2 ip etc

If not success just a thought so not sure if will work, have you tried to change the ip range of one or the other unit? because if both are the same ip maybe only one login page may appears
LAN >> General Setup>details page>Network Configuration>ip address ... lets say 192.168.1.2
or
192.168.0.1 reboot everything in this case & you may need go at network & sharing centre or via cmd ip renew trick if you search it

• poshcar
  • Topic Author
More
13 Mar 2014 11:02 #79336 by poshcar
Replied by poshcar on topic Re: Access to router from different lan
Hi Babis3g

Thanks, I have managed to gain remote access to the 2820 from a different LAN IP address. Your direction were not quite right but they put me in the right area and was able to find the page I needed (System Maintenance >> Management >> Access List).

Unfortunately the 2860 does not want to play ball I still cant even get a login page or ping so I will have to visit the site as I know it works from my laptop on site.

Thanks again

Moderators: Sami