DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2860 vs 2925 for office with 30 users

More
27 Mar 2014 11:51 #79477 by fchef
Hello dear friends,
I had installed a Draytek 2830 in a company that grew rather fast. Now they have 30 PCs-users in the buidling and another 15 users connecting with ipsec vpn to the server.
The 2830 handles so-so the dual wan bandwidth and traffic but i feel it needs upgrade. I was having a look at the models 2860 and 2925 and was wondering which would suit best in our scenario.
Does anyone of you used these models with 30+ users? Is it really the 2925 capable of 300MBs max firewall output and 70MBs max VPN output as stated in the comparison chart?
Thanks in advance
P.S I know the model 2960 would fit better but it's a bit out of budget.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2014 15:14 #79481 by babis3g
can not commend for what to get, i think all 3 units should should hande good but if you are using vlans before you upgrade any unit, ask the support because i know they have a beta higher than 3.6.7 firmware fixing some vlan issues right now .. or in general maybe a latest firmware as long is a fresh install (with *rst file) may helps
Also with any model if ever upgrade firmware it needs the *rst* file for a fresh & clean install which helps to run smoother ... the problem is if are many settings is a pain to set back everything from the begin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami