Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 - can't connect to it on LAN

• robathome
  • Topic Author
More
31 Mar 2014 09:08 #79509 by robathome
2860 - can't connect to it on LAN was created by robathome
Hi,
I have a strange problem with our 2860 that seems to have started in the last few weeks.
We are on a beta version of firmware that Draytek provided as we had issues synching to a talktalk annexM line - it shows as beta_0414. In any case this has been working fine for months.

Just lately we can't get to the router admin page on 192.168.0.254:8080 which is what it was changed to - just says page invalid. The odd thing is that internet access is still fine. The only thing that doesn't work apart from the admin page is that remote users also can't connect their VPN. Once restarted, both these things work fine.

When I last had an issue, Draytek advised me to factory reset and load the RST firmware - this is a colossal pain as we dozens of settings in the router and it takes ages to reprogram manually.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2014 15:55 #79511 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860 - can't connect to it on LAN
Hi, i do not have this model but the draytek suggestion using RST is right ... this is the only way to find out if the problem solved
The rst file prevents previous firmware bugs & mismatches due to previous conflicts or settings
Because is paint to change firmware with RST file, wait to your thread here if someone else having same issue, so can report if sorted changing firmware via the rst file

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami