DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Syslog data

More
31 Mar 2014 20:43 #79517 by afterdark
Syslog data was created by afterdark
I am trying to pin down internet usage on our network. There are various tools you can get for this but I have been trying to explore what I can get from my 2920 router. The Data Flow Monitor gives an instantaneous display of which ip addresses are downloading and the Traffic Graph gives a good view of what time of day usage is happening. But the only thing I can log for analysis is the Syslog output.

Looking at the User Access tab on the Draytek Syslog Utility, I can see the time, a local ip address, a remote ip address and the port. However, it is not immediately obvious how I could relate this to usage or the transfer of data if someone was watching video for instance.

Can the router and the syslog system give me the information I need or do I really need some other tool or device to pin down more accurate information of individual computer internet usage?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2014 23:38 #79519 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Syslog data
the data flow monitor it does show the rate actual time for each user is using under the name RX rate kbps (current bandwidth each user using)
You can use the smart monitor as well seems has little more details of each user but did not tried
http://youtu.be/LjlgLvlZwJM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami