Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New 2860n

• uptech
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2014 15:25 #79560 by uptech
New 2860n was created by uptech
Hi Guys,

We bought a 2860n for an EFM line, this was plugged into the back of a cisco and was running fine for a whole weekend (new out of the box), Monday, I am getting intermittent drop outs to the internet. I visit site and discover that the ping between the server and the draytek is intermittent.

So I have took this out and plugged the server in direct to deal with this. I have the Draytek beside me now plugged into a laptop, started a ping this morning and was getting <1ms which is normal, this creaps up slowly after an hour or so to =1ms, eventually =2ms and then intermittently pings and drops out.

The firmware version is 3.7.3.3, has anybody else experienced an issue like this, if so, how did you resolve it?

regards
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2014 17:31 #79561 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: New 2860n
That's weird. Try setting the WAN port speed manually under WAN - General Setup - WAN2 to see if that helps?

More
04 Apr 2014 20:12 #79562 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: New 2860n
there is a newer firmware here
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18995&p=79558#p79540
not sure if will fix your issue

More
05 Apr 2014 14:56 #79567 by cheops2006
Replied by cheops2006 on topic Re: New 2860n
won't resolve the problem at all look at the other posts in this forum, crashes, wireless problems on the newer FW 3.7.4, Basically this router is just an expensive pile of junk at the moment. Without proper support from draytek specifically UK, I will be recomending people never to buy draytek again. Its about time Draytek pulled there finger out and get these problems sorted if they want to keep there dwindling reputation.

• uptech
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2014 09:33 #79573 by uptech
Replied by uptech on topic Re: New 2860n
Oh dear, I thought there might be an easy fix, looks like I might have to contact Draytek support and see what they say. Thanks for the advice Voodle, but it's not the WAN port thats crapping out on ping, its any of the LAN ports and I have tried different machines/cables to try and get around this.

I have left a ping to the router over the weekend since Friday afternoon, I'm now up to 54ms pings :? Never known a router to do that, especially directly connected.

Will contact Draytek and see what they say.

Thanks for the advice guys, I may try the newer firmware, but if it is causing grief, I may just contact draytek support first. Looks like this box may be a lemon.

Moderators: Sami