DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n single band child protection

• damiandexter
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2014 21:28 #79563 by damiandexter
2830n single band child protection was created by damiandexter
I have a 2830n single band router. I am relatively switched on when it comes to tech, but this router has got me baffled.

I need to set up the router so that my kids are protected from stuff on the internet that they shouldn't be seeing. They have wireless devices which can access the router as do my wife and myself. I would like someone to explain how to setup url blocking and also the web content filtering. I need to have it so that they are restricted whereas my wife and myself are not.

I have registered for the months free trial of the built in filtering, but the various options are too difficult to work out. Whenever I think I've got it setup, the majority of websites aren't accessible.

Do I need to have them as different users, with their own firewall rules, or do I do it by IP addresses?

Any help would be greatly received as everyone is getting fed up with the internet going on and off, as I try in vain to fix it.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2014 16:51 #79570 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830n single band child protection
i am not sure if will work because never tried but for not getting access to the router try at System Maintenance >> Management >> Access List from the Internet and set there the pc's will only have access to the router WUI pages

for the other issues take a look at draytek FAQ if you get any help from there
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=97:firewall&Itemid=293&lang=en

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami