Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2830n and fibre broadband

• trevdance
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2014 15:43 #79580 by trevdance
Draytek 2830n and fibre broadband was created by trevdance
Hi,

I'm due to be upgraded to fibre broadband next week and I'm trying to find out if I just connect by 2830n into wan2 into the rj45 socket the engineer will fit?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2014 17:36 #79582 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2830n and fibre broadband
don't know if the engineer will fit it but you can later on by setting at wan general set up>wan 2 >always on (disable wan 1 is better if you don't use it any longer ) then set at wan internet access at PPPoE ,maybe you need to set your username & pass as well (not sure on this) and also set MTU 1492

• trevdance
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2014 18:29 #79583 by trevdance
Replied by trevdance on topic Re: Draytek 2830n and fibre broadband
So I don't need a separate modem? I can just plug a cable from the master socket straight into my draytek?

More
07 Apr 2014 18:49 #79584 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2830n and fibre broadband
yes you need an other vdsl modem, the one from your isp will do well (should give you when the installation day comes close by)... the 2830 has only a built in an adsl modem at wan 1, which is not good for fibre

models like the 2830 which are having extra incoming port (wan 2) needs to be powered by a separate modem

You need cable from the master socket to the incoming wan of the Vdsl supplied modem> from the Lan port of the vdsl supplied modem another cable to the second incoming wan (wan 2) of the 2830n (2 power electric units one to give power for the vdsl modem & and another to give power to the 2830 - i know they are coming with the modems free) ... then you need to set and the correct parameters/settings from your isp to the 2830

If you want all in one (no other cables running of power supply and from the vdsl modem to the 2830) you can look at the
2750n a bit old but for some still works fine ... no second wan 2 port
2760n (but not other/second incoming wan like the 2830)
2850n with another incoming wan
2860n with an other incoming wan
them mentioned are vdsl modems & will work direct with just a cable from the master socket to the modem, so you can have the supplied vdsl modem from your isp on the side or as backup
meaning all in one: build in wifi, vdsl, and all the lovely settings of the great range with the drayteks can offer like the 2830 has

• trevdance
  • Topic Author
More
08 Apr 2014 08:39 #79589 by trevdance
Replied by trevdance on topic Re: Draytek 2830n and fibre broadband
Thank you very much for your response and help[

Moderators: Sami